We’re hiring Security Officers at our locations throughout the Greater Seattle area.
At Swedish, we call all employees “caregivers” because that’s what we do—ensure care is given to all in the communities we serve. Thinking of joining our team? Here’s a look at a “day in the life” of this critical role:
- Begins the shift by going over a report on how many behavioral health patients are in house and what behaviors to watch for—and reacts accordingly
- Conducts assessments of the campus to ensure the safety of patients and staff
- Answers calls coming to security which include 911 calls and monitors multiple cameras, reviewing footage related to security incidents or ongoing investigations
- Writes the daily blotter and dispatches other members of the team across the campus to service calls for assistance
- Responds to jumpstarts in the garage and office unlock requests—and serves as a liaison for patients who are trying to locate lost and found belongings
- Responds to dispatch calls, providing de-escalation or a stand-by and conducting safety searches on patients, visitors and their rooms. Confiscates items as needed and determines next steps
- Makes new photo ID badges for caregivers while continuing to field calls and provide direction for those in need
- Wraps up the shift by writing full reports on the incidents that happened on the campus during the shift—reports that are considered legal documents and must include all pertinent information
This is all in a day’s work for a Security Officer caregiver. Our Security Officers are truly the epitome of excellence and champions of multitasking—particularly through recent times of unrest. Swedish Security Officers bring a level of excellence to their work that is respected and valued as we work to improve the health and wellbeing of each person we serve.
If you’re interested in bringing your military, medic, law enforcement or previous security experience to this fast-paced and rewarding new career, check out our job openings. We offer standout training, best-in-class benefits and a supportive environment with teams committed to supporting one another.