“Now, more than ever before, the role of the respiratory therapist is vital to the health of our nation,” said American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) Executive Director Tom Kallstrom.
At Swedish, we could not agree more.
Respiratory therapists are being pushed to the limits during this time of unrest. The COVID-19 crisis brings with it concerns about respiratory equipment shortages. With that comes another issue: having enough caregivers on staff with the specialized training and expertise needed to operate mechanical ventilators and artificial airway devices. That’s why we’re focused on hiring registered respiratory therapists in several Swedish locations right now.
- We’re committed to your safety. From virtual interviewing and onboarding to enhanced safety protocols, our commitment to a safe hiring and working experience for all caregivers remains steadfast. For respiratory therapists and all caregivers, we’re committed to universal masking in an effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our hospitals.
- We’re committed to your mental health and well-being. The stress of being on the frontlines during a global pandemic is immense. That’s why now and always, we offer health and wellness benefits that help our caregivers thrive. This includes access to the Caregiver Health program from our affiliate, Providence St. Joseph Health & Services. For example, right now, caregivers can rate their stress and based on their response, have access to the resources that will allow them to best manage their current situation.
- We’re committed to your family. Our best-in-class medical, dental and vision insurance for you and your family starts the day you do. We offer childbirth, childcare and adoption assistance.
- We’re committed to your career development. Now may not seem like the time to think about professional advancement. But as we move away from crisis standards of care to our new normal, know that our experienced team is committed to offering you opportunities for growth and development, plus tuition reimbursement for continuing education.
- We’re committed to your community. You chose where to live and work for a reason. Help us care for that community—and give back to it. Not only do we live by our mission to care for all with compassion, justice, excellence, dignity, integrity and safety, but we encourage caregivers to get and stay involved through our Volunteers in Partnership program—and reward them for it, too.
To our current respiratory therapists, thank you for your commitment, perseverance and grace during this difficult time for our state, nation and world. You truly are warriors and you have our utmost thanks and appreciation.