On the move: Relocation assistance at Swedish
Moving for a job can be both exciting and stressful, which is why for many positions, we offer relocation assistance as one of our benefits.
Read below to discover what types of benefits we offer, which roles have relocation assistance right now, and protections Swedish provides for all caregivers from COVID-19.
Relocation benefits offered
Relocation packages are not “one size fits all.” As a relocating caregiver, you’re assigned a personal Relocation Manager or Coach to answer questions throughout the moving process. This person also provides you the information needed to relocate as efficiently and easily as possible. Relocation packages may include an array of additional benefits to make it easier to settle into a new community such as:
- Rental Tour Fee: This benefit covers up to a full day of rental tour fees to assists in finding rental accommodations in your new community.
- Movement of Household Goods: This benefit ensures that your household goods arrive on time and intact to your new home.
- Shipment of Auto: This benefit provides shipment of one automobile to your new home.
- Miscellaneous Expense Allowance: This benefit is for out-of-pocket expenses not covered by your relocation assistance.
- Final Move: This expense helps covers airfare or mileage, lodging, tolls, transportation to and from airports and up to 14 days of car rental expenses while awaiting car delivery.
Other benefits may include packing assistance, relocation insurance, temporary housing for you and your family, help with finding a new school for your children, and additional monetary benefits.
“Providence was very supportive with relocation. They had two specialists that work with you, one for travel and one for accommodations. And they were easily accessible. They asked all the right questions because I had no idea how to move a household from one side of the country to another. It’s quite a process, but it’s not something that you need to do by yourself, which is comforting in that there’s people who’ve done it a hundred times.” Jennifer Irving, Acute Assistant Manager, Providence Alaska. (Swedish is part of the Providence family and offers the same benefits.)
Help with selling your home before relocating
Another key benefit offered relocating caregivers is the Home Marketing Assistance Program. Selection of a knowledgeable real estate agent is very important. Successful home sales are a result of careful planning and pricing and effectively targeting buyers to attract an offer. To help you achieve this, our relocation vendor’s Home Marketing Assistance Program starts providing support before you even list your home for sale.
The purpose of the Home Marketing Assistance Program is to monitor the listing effort, including a review of competing homes and an evaluation of recently closed properties to ensure that a realistic pricing strategy is in place. Proactive marketing strategy calls with your agent to follow up on buyer and broker feedback, open house events and showing activity will be included. Marketing help includes:
- Suggestions on how to prepare your home for sale, including repair/improvement tips for enhancing marketability
- A recommended listing price and anticipated sales price and advice on working with your listing broker
- Information on competing properties for sale and recently closed comparable homes
- A designated buyer profile for your property
- Creative home sale promotion ideas
Roles offering relocation benefits
Many nursing and non-nursing roles offer relocation benefits. Following are ten we’re hiring for right now:
- RN – Emergency Services
- RN – Postpartum
- RN – Addiction Recovery Services
- RN – Endoscopy
- RN – ICU Float Pool
- RN – Medical Respiratory
- CT Technologist Certified
- Medical Assistant
- Physical Therapist – Pain Services
- Respiratory Care Practitioner
Pandemic related protections
In considering relocation, it’s also important to understand what Swedish offers when it comes to COVID-19 protections for all caregivers. We offer:
- Workplaces committed to the safety of our caregivers. We’ve implemented data-driven policies that align with the evolving climate of COVID-19 and currently include universal masking, hand hygiene, physical distancing and screening protocols for all persons entering our facilities.
- Approved COVID-19 vaccines and testing covered at 100 percent for all of the medical plans we offer.
- Up to two days total of paid pandemic administrative leave for caregivers who miss scheduled shifts due to COVID-like vaccine side effects within 48 hours of receiving either dose.
Many positions also include sign-on bonuses
We’re seeking the best and brightest caregivers and are happy to offer sign-on bonuses of up to $20K to external-hire experienced RNs, up to $10K for select non-clinical roles and up to $25K for select leadership roles.
Does Swedish sound like the place for you? See all roles offering sign-on bonuses and relocation assistance.